This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

VLD not detecting

Nov 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM

VLD does not appear to work with my program. When the program starts I read the "Visual Leak Detector Version 2.2.1 installed." message. However that is the only feedback I ever get. When I try VLD with an empty main function I get the message that no leaks where detected.

What could be the reason for this? This is under Win 7 64, VS10, both x86 and x64 builds. The program is also linking against various dynamic and static libraries (D3D11, OpenAL, Bullet, Freetype, Angelscript, yaml-cpp...)

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I have the same problem in one of my project, I am using Qt 4.8.0 and it happens when QMessageBox::information() is called in the program.

If QMessageBox::information() is called, Visual Leak Detector will only output "Visual Leak Detector Version 2.2.2 installed" and nothing else after the program exits.

If QMessageBox::information() is not called, Visual Leak Detector will output the memory leak and "Visual Leak Detector is now exiting."

Tried with Qt 4.7.4, same thing happens when QMessageBox::information() is called.

I am building under Win 7 x64, VS10, x86 Debug build.