This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Possible to log memory leak information?

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Hello all,

Is it possible to log memory leak information? If yes, plz show me how

Thanks for really nice and useful tool.

ThuyNH

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM

What you mean by log infomation? You can redirect VLD output to file http://vld.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Configuration%20Options&referringTitle=Documentation (ReportFile)

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Many thanks kind guy

ThuyNH

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hello,

I am using VLD to find leak memory for my DLL (built in Debug mode), which is called by other application (from other company). I added #include <vld.h> into .cpp file which contains all entry point of DLL. I also set 'ReportTo = file' in both vld.ini when I built and under folder contains my DLL but I cannot see the memory leak log file (I am sure there is at least one leak memory block with my DLL, this leak mem block can be detected by VLD when I use TEST DLL with my developing PC).

Can you show my how can I log leak information with my DLL

Many thanks in advance,

Thuy NH

Apr 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM

One more information, I added #include <vld.h> into .cpp file which contains all entry point of DLL but I could not see message "Visual Leak Detector Version 2.2.3 installed." on my VS2008, so I think VLD may not be integrated to my DLL,.

Once again :), how can I log leak information of my DLL?

Thanks

ThuyNH

Apr 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM

You should run Debug build with you dll. File shoud be writed to your application working directory if program has right for writing to this folder.