This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problems in version 2.0

May 11, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I have used until now the version 1.9h which is working very fine for me. After I have install the version 2.0 the callstack is no longer display corectly. I see now in the callstack the same file and line number. For example if my MaxTraceFrames = 15 then i see 15 times the same file and line number for one memory leak, and this is the line of the new operator or the malloc function call. If I set the StackWalkMethod = safe now I only see one line and not 15.

Example:

c:\dhpdev\dhpsys-v9\bauwerk\dicam\memo1.cpp (76): __fmalloc

c:\dhpdev\dhpsys-v9\bauwerk\dicam\memo1.cpp (76): __fmalloc

c:\dhpdev\dhpsys-v9\bauwerk\dicam\memo1.cpp (76): __fmalloc

... 15 times

Coordinator
May 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Sorry for late reply. Can you provide sample with that problem?

May 20, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Because our code contains about 1000 source files I can't give you a code example. Instead I have uploaded on the following adress 8 print screens where you can see a part of the code where the memory leak apears and the Output window with what the detector reports. I posted 2 examples for 2 Errors taken with the 1.9h and 2.0 version with StackWack set to fast and safe.

http://img265.imageshack.us/g/visualstudio2005withver.png/

In the first example you can see the line of code whicah I add to generate the memory leak in the upper part of the picture

void CDhpFreieKonsDomain::ToolTipInit(void)
{
  if(g_pDhpToolBarsData)
    {
    wchar_t *lpwszTestMemoryLeak = new wchar_t[MAX_PATH];
The only problem with this error apears in version 2.0 with fast mode because there is no CallStack reported.
In the second example the problems apears in version 2.0 with fast and safe mode. In fast mode we see that the CallStack is reported on the same location and all the leaks are merged in one. 
In the safe mode we will notice that a function name CitireMuchiiAnotherVolume is not recognized and in 1.9h in both fast safe everyting it's Ok.
We are working with Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and this pictures where taken from a machine with Windows 7, but we also found the problems on Vista machine. I didn't test them on an XP machine.
Nov 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I have the same problem using 2.0b version and VS2008 -- the same information is displayed in each line of the call stack