CFileDialog loads ierturil.dll failed, x86 program with vld on a 64bit win7

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:28 AM

I like VLD and use the 1.9beta version for a long time.

Now I have installed 2.1 version VLD and try to debug the same code as before. The program I am debuging gets stucked while trying to load C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iertutil.dll (I am using 64bit Windows 7). The program is targetted to x86 machine, so I can not use 32bit version of VLD's dll.

The detailed situaton is as follows. I create an object of CFileDialog, and try to invoke the DoModal() method to perform a file open operation. 

To run the code, there is a button. When I click the button, the program gets stucked and nothing happens.

Turn to VS2008, check the output window, I get this:

=====Output====

....(many lines of out put)

“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file
“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Windows\SysWOW64\thumbcache.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file
“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file
“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SearchFolder.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file
“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shdocvw.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file
“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file
“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleacc.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file
“teat_cfiledlgonly.exe”: 已加载“C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iertutil.dll”,Cannot find or open the PDB file

=====End of output====

(The chinese words means "load")

The call stack window says the program is stucked in ntdll.dll.

If I do not include vld.h in my program, everything will be the same as before, no problems occur.

Why the program stucks in ntdll.dll and can not load iertutil.dll?

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Try with version 2.2b http://vld.codeplex.com/releases/view/68620